Whether you choose to get involved to gain exposure, build your competencies, gain leadership experience or give back to the profession, you’ll find a meaningful way to participate in the NASTT community.
Why Get Involved in the Northeast (NASTT-NE) Chapter?
- Build a power network of trenchless professionals in your area.
- Find local business resources.
- Learn about projects and solutions near you.
- Grow your expertise at regular meetings with your peers.
- Be a recognized leader on behalf of the Northeast-area trenchless community.
Hands-on Volunteer Opportunities to Advance Your Career
- Present your technical paper at local conferences.
- Write articles for NASTT-NE Publications.
- Serve on a committee or the chapter board.
- Be a mentor to students.
- Help get the word out on local projects and trenchless news.
- Host Student field trips to Trenchless construction sites.
- Guest lecture Students at UMass Lowell
NASTT student resources engage students in trenchless technology to help them start their career empowered by professional networks, education and knowledge, research, volunteer experience, and NASTT awards and scholarships.
- Education and Training. The Education and Training Committee coordinates and promotes the Chapter’s annual fall conference that travels throughout New England and New York. Conferences are shelf sufficient and sponsored by various corporate participants. Presenters provide technical content and throughout the day there are opportunities to network with other trenchless professionals. Nick Strater, Conference Chair; Dennis Doherty, Co-Chair.
- Paper of the Year Committee. Solicits papers for presentation at the NASTT-NE fall conference. The committee is comprised of trenchless industry professionals and members of the UMass Lowell Student Chapter. Candidate papers are evaluated by the group which then nominates of the “Paper of the Year”. Dennis Doherty, Chair.
- Northeast Journal of Trenchless Technology Practices and Trenchless for Gas Infrastructure. Supports content curation for NASTT-NE semi-annual publication of the Northeast Journal of Trenchless Technology and annual publication of Trenchless for Gas Infrastructure. NASTT-NE Chapter Members are welcome to submit project papers or other content and photos for future issues. George Ragula, Chair.
- Student Chapters. Provides local contacts and outreach to NASTT Student Chapter at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell. Raj Kumar Gondle, Chair.
- Website. Supports the development of the NASTT-NE website. Jonathan Kunay, Chair.
Special Interest Areas
Municipalities interested in applying trenchless technology in a proactive manner can rely on NASTT-NE to foster education, research and act as a catalyst for effective technological and process change. We recognize that there is an evolving role for trenchless technologies and in helping infrastructure managers to ensure system performance and reliability.